But today I am all about giving thanks and what having a grateful heart means. Today, I am thankful just for my health and life! Nick & I lost a friend this year to cancer – it is so easy to take even just life for granted. I am thankful for my loved ones. For our new house and the privilege to own a house, the opportunity and means to buy a house. I am thankful for love, for our jobs, for freedom, for another year of life. To all those celebrating this holiday in the usa, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! To my friends in other countries, maybe you can share in this day with us too and reflect on things you are thankful for this year See you next week! xo.
via Martha Stewart
If you have any great ideas to share with everyone – feel free to add them in the comments below!
Friends, some of you may know I am a big fan of notes. Notes that come in any form, any shape, any size. So I immediately fell in love with these sweet punch boxes from Lea Redmond. I’m sure you’ve heard of Lea, she’s done a super awesome collaboration with Chronicle Books and is the creator of the Worlds Smallest Post Service. I actually met Lea at Renegade LA and it was such an honor to meet her, she is definitely someone who thinks outside the box.
1) Recall a memory of a moment with her or him.
2) Start your message with: “This is a coupon, good for…”
3) Use just one word. A favorite food? A special object that makes you think of her? The emotion you feel when you are with him?
4) An inside joke.
5) A quotation from a favorite book.
6) A url to something fun to see or watch online.
7) Your phone number.
8) Your favorite cheesy pick-up line.
9) The place or situation in which you met.
10) See the “Sweet Words” scrolls for additional ideas
love this idea! & it doesn’t necessarily have to be for a guy! make it for a friend.